Horror Stories

Example of bad practice

This ‘plug’ and extension lead block were being used to power a fan heater in the offices of an international company. They were discovered by one of our PAT test engineers during a recent visit. Can you be certain that your staff do not have any similar horrors hidden beneath their desks?

 

Damaged plugs found during testing

The importance of regular portable appliance testing was highlighted recently during annual testing conducted at a children’s nursery school. These plugs were found attached to electrical equipment being used in the building. Our inspection eliminated the risk of a potential disaster from fire or electrocution that could have been caused by these two appliances.

Portable Electrical Appliance Testing